Code of Conduct
- NORCAR strives to be a family friendly atmosphere for all ages. Please be respectful. The following will not be tolerated:
- Foul, crude, or profane language
- Disrespectful or unsportsman-like conduct
- The use of drugs or alcohol. Racers and visitors must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol at any time on the premises.
- Smoking anywhere in the building. This includes the back room. E-cigarettes and vaporizers are also banned anywhere in the building.
- Any other behavior that the race director or the NORCAR Board of Directors deem inappropriate
- Racers must bring a towel or pit mat to protect the tables.
- Racers must pick up their own trash at the end of the day.
- Please keep the restrooms neat and clean. We’re not your mother and nobody is getting paid to clean them.
- The sand buckets are for Li-Po battery fires only. They are not to be used for general trash or discarding your safe, used batteries.
- LiPo batteries must be charged in flame retardant charging sacks designed for LiPo batteries.
- Only paid NORCAR club members may reserve pit space or leave pit mats, shelves, and other belongings.
- NORCAR is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged property.
- Unless given specific permission by the race director, you must marshal the race immediately following yours.
- Severe or repeat offenders of the code of conduct and rules may be banned permanently by a majority vote of the NORCAR Board of Directors. Any illegal activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban.
Race Rules for All Classes
- All LiPo batteries must have a hard case.
- Batteries must NOT be charged beyond their design voltage (4.20V per cell for standard LiPo’s).
- No receiver packs allowed for any classes.
- No “super caps”. Capacitors cannot exceed 10,000 micro farads.
- No reverse allowed. It must be locked out in your speed control.
- All vehicles must meet their class’s minimum ride height requirements. No part of the vehicle can drag on the carpet. 3mm minimum for 1/12 scale pan cars and 5mm minimum for most other classes. See class rules for specific requirements.
- All vehicles must be free of dirt, mud, oil, etc. Our carpet racing surface is a significant investment for the non-profit club.
- Racers must provide their own transponders. NORCAR uses the older “2 wire” style transponders.
- If we do not have at least three vehicles in a class, we may (at race director’s discretion) combine classes.
- Race entry fees, parts, and refreshments are cash only.
Road Course Rules